Saturday, 18 April 2015

The battles of bulking

I haven't posted in awhile because iv been super busy with uni but gonna write a little about what's been going on and my mental/physical state at the moment.


So after i wrote my first blog my old school friend got in touch with me, we went through primary and secondary together but lost contact after school, she went travelling the world having all these amazing life experiences and good on her for doing it. some thing we shared in our adult life was a love for fitness (although mine came at a way later stage in life).

She contacted me asking to train together and yesterday we did, a beastly leg session that she did really really well in, i was so super chuffed to have that morning together. although we hadn't seen each other for 15 years it it felt like being at school again. Its great that that happened as some times friendships can just be picked up again and its just easy.

ok mental state....

I'm having a real mental battle with myself, iv always been quite lean but starting this journey i had to stop thinking that way, the whole process is getting big to get lean. I used to step on those awful digital scales that tell you every thing. Iv hid them now and i have to retrain my mind to see gaining pounds as a health progress. i had been stuck at 160lb for ages, not seeming to get any heavier but yesterday i gained 3lbs, a little but significant change that I'm proud of. I know I'm growing after a trip to the beach and realising that a bikini i bought at the end of summer now appeared to be more thong like than a full bottomed bikini!!

Iv been looked over this week by my trainer and every thing is going in the right direction apart from delts....i need bigger delts. iv always struggled with shoulders and its the most vomit inducing sets i can think of, side lateral raises are my new nightmare...i hate them but i would love those nice rounded shoulder, this is more of a physical battle.

I have 7 more weeks of trying to gain weight before i can start the diet, hopefully then my obsessive Internet stalking of all the lovely ripped summer bodies will subside....





No comments:

Post a Comment