Let me tell you this I AM, why shouldn't we be proud of who we are, what we do and what makes us happy? I work hard and it hurts, it really hurts, i cry, I've even puked. i am doing some thing i enjoy...but as i hit Post i can almost hear the wish of Aqueous humour as my friends roll their eyes as another picture pops up on their mobiles.Why are we more tolerant of some goals achieved? if i was posting my uni grades i would get a well done, if i post a picture of my physical achievements its all "here she goes again".
Please don't get me wrong i don't care...I REALLY DON'T CARE. The beauty with social media is you can choose to see what you want and don't want, there is always an unfriend button, an unfollow option and block. I'm very lucky that most people i surround myself with are very lovely and encouraging. this is a choice i make as an adult, the company i keep is that of a choice, friends should enrich our lives and in return you should do the same.
Why does it bother people so much, why can't we be proud of other peoples achievements?
i do it myself, if i get a compliment i all always follow it with "thanks but i really need to work on...." why?? why can't i just be happy and say thank you.
I'm surrounded by ladies, strong ladies whom some are proud of who they are and some who hate themselves... if only i could shed a bit more weight, if only i was a bit more confident i would, i would love to have a go at that but I'll wait till i loose a few more pound, I'm not smart enough to do that...these are thing i hear daily.
Why? what has happened to these girls to make them feel they can't achieve their goals? I'll tell you.. shamers!
I'm not just calling out body shamer I'm calling all you shamers out. Its damaging to people to and i for one am sick of it.
I have two children and i will spend their childhoods building up their self esteem so bloody high that when they get to adults no amount of shaming can break them. I'll tell them they can achieve any thing they want and nothing is impossible. I'll also teach them to celebrate other peoples goals and achievements. they'll be the adults who are telling you to go for it, not the ones who are questioning your abilities.
So next time your scrolling through your time line or news feed just be careful what you comment, let start building each other up rather trying to knock each other down.
blowing out someones candle won't make your shine any brighter ...or some thing like that!

I love this. I'm right there with you, sister. I'm proud of all you've accomplished and can't wait to see how far you go. It's rubbing off on me, too. I'm counting down the days to my own challenge. June 1 is a new beginning. I can do this... I think. ;)
ReplyDelete